SOLVED Trash mailbox disappeared

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with finding/restoring a mysteriously disappeared i-Mac trash mailbox? It also happened to my "alldrafts" folder last week, but a shutdown and reboot brought them back. Not this time. And why would that happen? Would appreciate any insights.

Reaction score
Could it simply be that a Big Sur 11.4 update started calling the "Trash" mailbox "Deleted Messages" and repositioned it.
OMG! Bedtime for me, I think... o_O Sorry to the kind person who wasted their time reading my post.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry we didn't respond until now. Never a waste of time if folks have questions.

It can depend on who your email provider is and how it is setup in the Mail application. iCloud and Gmail have labeled Trash folder, while AOL and other use a Deleted Messages folder.

-Who is your email provider?
-If you login to their webmail via a browser, do the mailboxes match what you see in the Mail application in name?

C

Ask a Question