Transferring mpg file to memory stick

Reaction score
I have a 3 year old Mac desktop with BigSur.
I have ripped our handicapped son's dvds into both mp4 & mpg formats, the latter so that I can burn them to a disc & he can watch them on his dvd player. In order to "save" them onto a memory stick as a back up, very often when transferring the mpg film copy, it says "error ocurred .......". Not for every file, but some.
Why is this and is there a solution?
Many thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

It may have to do with the way the USB flash drive/memory stick is formatted. Some PC formats have file size limitations. It could also be that the memory stick is failing.

-What brand/model are the memory sticks?
-How are they formatted?
-What size are the MPG and MP4 files?

C

Reaction score
Hello,

It may have to do with the way the USB flash drive/memory stick is formatted. Some PC formats have file size limitations. It could also be that the memory stick is failing.

-What brand/model are the memory sticks?
-How are they formatted?
-What size are the MPG and MP4 files?

C
The 2 memory sticks I bought are DataTraveller G4 with 64Gb memory. Each mpg file is around 4Gb. It doesn't happen with every mpg file I transfer. I sometimes transfer 2 at a time. Not sure if it's because the original DVD disc that I ripped was damaged in some way.

Ask a Question