SOLVED Transfer of Files from dead iMac to new iMac

Reaction score
I have had to replace an old iMac running High Sierra which had a hardware failure and have purchased a new iMac 21.5 running Catalina. I was able to save all but one of my software apps thanks to Time Machine back ups onto a Lacie drive.
I had 2 copies of the much missed Aperture 3.6 software. One on the iMac that failed and one on an old but still working well MacBook Pro. Aperture 3 will not as you will know run on Catalina. But it will run on my Mac Book Pro which is using 10.11.6 El Capitan
The Aperture 3 copy that should be on the Lacie drive had a large amount of images on the library section of the software.
The Aperture 3 copy running on my MacBook Pro has had limited use and has some images in its library section but not important ones.
This is the question:- Do I need to delete the Aperture 3 copy on my MacBook Pro first and then reload the copy on the Lacie hard drive on to the MacBook Pro.
Or is there another solution
Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

It sounds like you are trying to open/view multiple Aperture Libraries, correct? If you have different Aperture Library files in different locations, you should be able to hold the Option key when launching Aperature, and then choose the Aperature Library you want to open. Of course, they have to have been created/updated to the same Aperture version. You would be able to open an Aperture Library on an external drive without having to move it to the Mac's internal drive.

C

Ask a Question