TOTAL LOSS.

Reaction score
It seems my sister wasted thousands on Apple devices and software just so I can throw it all in the burn pile. Her Imac her Apple phone. All of the useless software. InDesign, Quark, Illustrator, Office Imac, and more now totally useless. All because of my sister passing unexpectedly and leaving no Password for the equipment which she left me. I have spent hours trying to get Apple to help but they are bound to see me trash it all. I am going to, and I will never buy anything from Apple. I have no need for a company that endorses loss above all else. What a total waste of time, money, and effort. I truly expect no more help than I have received so far.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

First off, we are sincerely sorry for your loss.

Not defending Apple at all, but they are committed to security and protecting people's data, which can be very difficult under certain circumstances.

Per your other post, We can help identify which models the iMac and iPhone are by the serial number. The serial number is on the back of the iPhone and on the bottom of the foot of the iMac. You can enter them at this website to get exact model information: Check Your Service and Support Coverage. We can then help identify which versions of macOS and iOS could be installed. Depending on the models and versions of software, there may be a way to reset the password on the Mac. However, the iPhone and Apple ID will require Apple's help, which can be very difficult as you have experienced. I am not sure what their exact policy is for family of people who have passed away gaining access to the Apple ID account...sorry.

We'll do our best to help with what we can.

C

Ask a Question