Torx 9 Screws?

Reaction score
Hello,
I was replacing my graphics card on my 2010 iMac when I encountered what suppose to be Torx 9 screws on the bezel guard but they look more rounded. Are they stripped or a funky screw head? If they are stripped, how does one get them out? I bought this Mac as a refurbished computer.
Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• 6B7A8BCF-4BA6-4A31-93CD-05F8B2C6A395.jpeg
    6B7A8BCF-4BA6-4A31-93CD-05F8B2C6A395.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 164

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

As always, we do not recommend replacing the internal components without proper training, experience, and safety measures. Other internal components can be easily damaged.

That said:
-Is this a 21.5-inch or 27-inch, Mid 2010 iMac?
-Can you zoom out a bit in the photo so we can see exactly where/what part this is?

C

Reaction score
Hello,
I was replacing my graphics card on my 2010 iMac when I encountered what suppose to be Torx 9 screws on the bezel guard but they look more rounded. Are they stripped or a funky screw head? If they are stripped, how does one get them out? I bought this Mac as a refurbished computer.
Thanks for the help.
That metal bar looks very much like the support on the GPU card on the mother board. You have to remove the board and you will find it is secured from the other side. Torx 9 screws. Long fiddley job. Good luck.

Ask a Question