Time machine

Reaction score
hi, my time machine back ups from 2-3 years ago have ended up in the recycle bin on my iMac, I don't know how this occurred and as I now use a new disk for my time machine I cannot even put them back. When I try to empty the bin it seems to stall the computer.
So I Wonder if there is another way to get rid of these old files or I should just leave it to empty overnight and is this safe?
Thanks

Reaction score
hi, my time machine back ups from 2-3 years ago have ended up in the recycle bin on my iMac, I don't know how this occurred and as I now use a new disk for my time machine I cannot even put them back. When I try to empty the bin it seems to stall the computer.
So I Wonder if there is another way to get rid of these old files or I should just leave it to empty overnight and is this safe?
Thanks
Try Onyx.

Make sure you download the version specific to the version of macOS that you are running. Onyx is good for so many other things.

Reaction score
Try Onyx.

Make sure you download the version specific to the version of macOS that you are running. Onyx is good for so many other things.
Thanks for your input I have solved it

Ask a Question