This is what just happened to me while downloading my pictures

Reaction score
I just now took some pictures of items to list on ebay. As I was downloading them (2.5gb) from the sd card to the files folder in finder it was creating a zip file of all the files which doubled the size of my download. I moved the zip file into the trash, VOIL'A all the downloaded files went with it. I tried to move the files back to the folder I created in the file folder in finder and they all opened in preview. I've been trying to get this imac to do that for a long time, but not in that situation. My question is, how do I move my files instead of copy them? When I drag and drop them they sometimes move sometimes copy. When I select "move" from the right click menu they copy, they do not move. As time goes by you will understand why my handle is frustrated.

The last time I downloaded my pictures ready for editing I edited them all, which took all of 2 days to be ready for listing. I noticed the next day some of my edits reverted back to unedited. In 10 days they were all undedited. This kind of thing happened to me while using PC. I thought mac would be better but it is just more obvious then PC. I've lost over 100 GB of non replaceable family pictures from these unethical games computers are playing to force us to use the cloud. I was burned out of Paradise CA and lost everything, except for the most important stuff, my 2TB back up hard drive I managed to save, but for what? so they can steal all my important family things?

Does anybody else take over a thousand pictures a week? where will they be safe on any computer? Or even back up for that matter.

I tried to login to the apple store. My AppleID icon is not in the sys prefs. I tried to change prefs in finder and the prefs in finder is grayed and non selectable.

Reaction score
Hold the Command key down as you drag & drop. Finder will then copy the file to the new location and then delete the original when completed.

Reaction score
Hold the Command key down as you drag & drop. Finder will then copy the file to the new location and then delete the original when completed.
Thank you
Do you have any idea why my files move sometimes and copy other times when I drag and drop? Isn't drag and drop a move command?

Ask a Question