This Is Stressing Me Out!!

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me with this. I have a 2G flash drive that I formatted so that all of the info that was on it was completely deleted off.

Here's the problem.... After formatting the flash drive I have been able to load and mp3s on the drive, however when I plug the flash drive into a USB acceptable stereo the mp3s won't register. Prior to me formatting the hard drive I never had any problems with the drive what-so-ever. Not sure whats going on with it or what I did wrong, but this is making me pull out the little hair that I have on my head still!! lol

The flash drive is a 2G PNY Attache. I hope I gave enough info to get help!!:confused:

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me with this. I have a 2G flash drive that I formatted so that all of the info that was on it was completely deleted off.

Here's the problem.... After formatting the flash drive I have been able to load and mp3s on the drive, however when I plug the flash drive into a USB acceptable stereo the mp3s won't register. Prior to me formatting the hard drive I never had any problems with the drive what-so-ever. Not sure whats going on with it or what I did wrong, but this is making me pull out the little hair that I have on my head still!! lol

The flash drive is a 2G PNY Attache. I hope I gave enough info to get help!!:confused:

Hello mpls_life612 & welcome to the forums :)

We better sort this out quick if you have only a small amount of hair left ;)

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Flash Drive possibly came formatted as NTFS (Windows format) and you have changed this format so whatever stereo you have that takes USB drives, would possibly only be Windows friendly and there's your issue ...

What version of Mac OS X are you running, mpls_life612? You may need to reformat the Flash drive on a Windows PC ... can't say until you post back telling me a little more info .... you could go ahead and try the Windows PC format ... NTFS ... if you know how ...

Reaction score
Yes you are correct all he should have done was just deleted the files.
He can go back and for mat again but this time format as MO-DOS format instead of anything to do with Mac and should work again. A Mac will read a Dos/windows formatted drive just fine. But other devices are unaware of Mac but are set up using Windows/DOS