The Procession to Calvary on Steam. Can I play it?

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Air Core i6 1.6 GHz 13 inch (early 2015). I have a Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 mb and am running Mojave 10.14.6.

I realise my MacBook does not meet the minimum specifications of a 2.00 GHz processor and is not built for gaming, but it meets all the other specs on Steam, so I wonder if I can risk buying the game?

I very much enjoyed the iOS version of the developer’s previous game, Four Last Things, which I bought from the App Store to play on my iPad. As the Procession to Calvary, is a point and click adventure game, do you think I might be able to play it?

I are not very tech savy and do not play many MAC games, so any help and advice would be very much appreciated.

Reaction score
Hi,

These look like the system requirements for The Procession to Calvary.
  • MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: 2 GHz CPU
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM
    • Storage: 1 GB available space
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM

Reaction score
Hi,

These look like the system requirements for The Procession to Calvary.
  • MINIMUM:
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
Hi,

Thanks for replying to my post. I was aware of the minimum and recommended requirements as posted on Steam. My MacBook meets all the minimum requirements, apart from the fact that my processor is 1.6 ghz, rather than 2.0 ghz.

As this is a point and click adventure, I wonder whether my processor, which is dual core, might be able to handle the demands of the game? Can anyone help?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Normally, the minimum specs are actually required to be able to install or use the software. But, sometimes that requirement is for what the developer deems as the minimum for satisfactory game play.

Honestly, the best solution would be to contact the developer of the game themselves, as they would be the best to give the correct answer.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Normally, the minimum specs are actually required to be able to install or use the software. But, sometimes that requirement is for what the developer deems as the minimum for satisfactory game play.

Honestly, the best solution would be to contact the developer of the game themselves, as they would be the best to give the correct answer.

C
Thanks very much for the advice. I did in fact email the developer of the game before posting in this forum. He said that as he was a solo developer, he was unable to try the game in every possible configuration so a bit of guess work was involved.

I thought that by posting in this forum, people who have played similar point and click adventure games might be able to give me some imput into how demanding such games are on Macs. I am very inexperienced in gaming, but am I right in assuming that shooting and strategy games, require much higher specs than games such as The Procession to Calvary?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...

Understood - there may be some members that have played that or similar games, and will chime in with their experience with Steam. Steam also may have added some of the specs. Steam also has forums that there may be a discussion about that game and those that have played it on various Macs.

Sounds like an impressive bit of work for a single developer.

Be well,

C

Reaction score
Many thanks.

I did create an account with Steam so that I could post in their forum, but strangely was not permitted to file a post as I had not yet bought a game! Seems to be a strange policy, as obviously I do not want to make a purchase from them without some confidence that my MacBook will be able to cope with the requirements of the game.

Reaction score
Last year I purchased a game on Steam and it did not work on my iMac, I contacted them and they refunded my money, within 24 hours.