SOLVED Text messages

Reaction score
I have always been able to receive my text messages on my iPhone, iPad and my Mac laptop. Last night I got an email that there was something wrong with my password and my phone showed a red 1 on the Settings app. I think I just needed to verify my password because I got the same message on my iPad. I'm really not sure what I did, but all is working except now I cannot get my messages on the laptop. My password hasn't changed. If I send a message to myself from the iPhone, I am able to see it only on the phone. When I send one from the laptop, I only see the message on the laptop.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I believe that is just Apple having you re-authenticate for security reasons.

You could try signing our of the Messages app on your Mac, then sign back in.

Let us know if that fixes it.

Reaction score
I have always been able to receive my text messages on my iPhone, iPad and my Mac laptop. Last night I got an email that there was something wrong with my password and my phone showed a red 1 on the Settings app. I think I just needed to verify my password because I got the same message on my iPad. I'm really not sure what I did, but all is working except now I cannot get my messages on the laptop. My password hasn't changed. If I send a message to myself from the iPhone, I am able to see it only on the phone. When I send one from the laptop, I only see the message on the laptop.

Any suggestions? Thank you!
I would be most cautious about responding to this kind of message. My wife had two such only yesterday saying that her e-mail was compromised. Sounds like a spoof, or worse, a scam.

Reaction score
Cory - That did not work.

PaBear - since I also had an alert in my phone settings I figured it was legit. I didn't need to change anything or send anything to anyone.

Ask a Question