Terminal Question

Zak

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to Mac Help, I wasn't sure where to ask this question so I figured here was as good a place as any. I don't know much about terminal so this could just be a normal thing but I want to be sure. I copied and pasted a command I found that makes your background your screensaver. The command did what it was intended to but it also displayed the message shown in the attached image. It's probably not a big deal but it's best to know for sure. Oh and the command I used is /System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Resources/ScreenSaverEngine.app/Contents/MacOS/ScreenSaverEngine -background

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-07-23 at 11.51.34 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-07-23 at 11.51.34 PM.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 446
Reaction score
Like all hacks there can be unwanted side effects. Just keep an eye and change it back if it cause a problem.

Zak

Reaction score
Thanks I'll change it back if I see anything wrong. Do you know specifically what the message means?

Reaction score
It means the Garbage Collector deallocated some memory from a thread that it shouldn't have.
This is what can happen when you force an app to run in a mode it wasn't designed for.

Ask a Question