Teams crash

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I personally haven't used Teams, as we use Google Meet at my work. I do know that all video conferencing platforms have intermittent issues, due to the entire world using them during this trying time.

That said:
-Which exact model Mac?
-Which version of macOS Catalina?
-Which version of Microsoft Office/Teams?
-Does it crash intermittently, a lot, when launching, etc.?
-Was it working fine, then the issue started - possibly after a macOS or Microsoft update?

C

Reaction score
iMac 21.5 inch, late 2013 with Quad core Intel core i5. Catalina 10.15.7. I am on Satellite ISP, former Wild Blue/ Exede, now Viasat. Things deteriorated to where I could only open in Safe Start, which I used to clear all traces of Teams (hard because it inserts in half a dozen places). I eventually got back to some function. Teams disabled both my audio and video, stating that I needed a Teams compatible version of each. Maddeningly, Teams has become monopoly vendor to both Federal and State government, and I find myself frozen out of meetings I formerly joined with no effort. I can get onto some with telephone connection, but virtually impossible to participate. Teams is Version 1:00.333671.

With my satellite, I have never been able to use Skype, which is a bandwidth hog. I have too slow an uplink to have more than placemaker. I suspect Teams is doing the same to me. Teams is a large application file: 254 MB.

Ask a Question