Sync problem between Mac Calendar and Google Calendar

Reaction score
I need to fix a syncing problem between Google mail on my Android and Apple
Calender on my Mac.

I have the same Google account from my phone entered and enabled on my Mac. The account is checked. When I enter an appointment on my Mac, under my Google account, it *does* show up on my phone's Google Calendar. But the opposite doesn't work. If I create the appointment on my phone, it doesn't show up on my Mac's desktop calendar.

I have:

• turned my Mac Calendar off and on.
  • turned the Mac off and on.
  • gone into Mac Preferences, unchecked "calendar" under my Google account, then re-checked it.
  • changed my refresh rate on the the Mac to "every minute".
  • in Mac Calendar, changed my default calendar to the Google calendar.
  • made sure that "My Calendar" is the default shown on my Android.
I have a dentist appointment on March 2nd, created on the phone. It won't show up on the Mac. I created the same appointment on the Mac under my Master calendar, where I now have two dentist appointments. I still have only one on my phone.

Our shared staff calendar at work is a Google calendar as well, and that syncs fine with my Mac. But it doesn't show
up on my phone, either.

I don't recall when the problem started. It worked, and now it doesn't.

Any ideas? I've run out.

Small print: I'm running 13.0.1 on a 2019 Mac Air. Mac Calendar is Version 11. Android is a new Galaxy s22+; the problem predates the phone change.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

At first thought, it sounds like you are adding the calendar event on the wrong calendar on the Android phone - possibly a local calendar instead of the Google account calendar? I don't have an Android device to test with.
  • Are you signed into and using the same Google account on the phone and Mac?
  • You have a work and personal Google account setup on the phone, correct?
  • Did you verify the Google account(s) settings on the phone?
C

Ask a Question