Switching to thunderbird help

Reaction score
My wife used Outlook 2011 for her mail but wanted to switch to Thunderbird. I did all the work for her but there is 1 problem I can't solve.
Her email is a gmail address set up as pop. When she deleted a message from her ipad it also got deleted from Outlooks inbox. That saved her the trouble of having to also delete it from her computer.
I can't figure out how to do this in TB. When she deletes a message from her ipad it still stays in the TB inbox.

Any ideas?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello.

Normally, email accounts should be setup as IMAP to enable automatic syncing between email clients and devices.

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X?
-Which model iPad?
-Which version of iOS?
-Which version of Thunderbird?

C

Reaction score
I set it up as pop because I did not want to sync my iphone and ipad with my two macs. When I check my mail on my phone I want it deleted from the phone and ipad but kept on my Mac. The only problem I had then was the mail went to whatever TB was open - either on my Mac Pro or my MBP but not both. That generally wasn't a problem as I delete over 95% of my mail, but there were some I wanted to keep on both.
Mac Pro 2013, MBP with touchpad 2016, High Sierra, iOS 11.2.2, TB 52.5.2.

Ask a Question