Stuck in a Time Machine loop and can't escape!

Reaction score
Hey all, here's my problem: I recently downloaded the new iTune and discovred I hated it. I tried to reintall 10.7, but the new version doesn't make it easy. Then I figured I'd just restore my computer using Time Machine to what it was a couple of days ago. here's what happened:

I enter Time Machine via the restore screen at start uo (command+r) and choose to restore my settings via time machine. The restor starts, gets to 0.01% and holds there for a bit. Then I get an error message that the restore has failed and I need to reset my computer. I do. The computer starts up and I arrive at, not my desktop, but the restore safe mode screen as if I'd held down command+r.

Shut it down, turn it back on: Restore Mode.

Try restoring a more recent version with the hated iTunes 11: Restore fails, reset, back to restore mode.

So, in essence I'm caught in a loop. I'm locked out from my computer save the restore mode, which at least gives me internet access via a find help online option.

Any ideas as to how to get my computer back to normal?

The details: It's an older iMac (2006 manufacture) running lion. No, I do not have the lion cd. The upgrade was done in a shop.

Reaction score
The upgrade was done in a shop
Then thats where you need to go to get OS X reinstalled. This time make sure they use your AppleID so you can reload it from the App Store.

Ask a Question