Speaker Audio Recorder Virtual

Reaction score
My Mac always switches Sound to "Speaker Audio Recorder Virtual" - which has no sound at all
When I plug in my earphones, I have to open System Settings > Sound to switch to my earphones. When I take out my earphones
I have to open System Settings > Sound to switch to my speakers. Why does the system do that, always switching to this Virtual thing
that has no sound at all? How can I stop that?
Julian

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,
  • Which model Mac?
  • Which version of macOS?
  • Do you have any audio interfaces connected or any audio routing software installed?
  • Can you upload a few screen shots?
C

Reaction score
My Mac always switches Sound to "Speaker Audio Recorder Virtual" - which has no sound at all
When I plug in my earphones, I have to open System Settings > Sound to switch to my earphones. When I take out my earphones
I have to open System Settings > Sound to switch to my speakers. Why does the system do that, always switching to this Virtual thing
that has no sound at all? How can I stop that?
Julian
Desktop iMac - Ventura 13.3.1 - no audio interfaces connected

Attachments

• Speaker Audio Recorder.png
    Speaker Audio Recorder.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 19

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

I did a little searching and found a post in the Apple Discussions. One of the answers mentions Wondershare and AllMusic created the Speaker Audio Recorder virtual audio ouput.

Do you have any software from Wondershare installed, or do you use/subscribe to AllMusic?

C

Reaction score
Hi,

I did a little searching and found a post in the Apple Discussions. One of the answers mentions Wondershare and AllMusic created the Speaker Audio Recorder virtual audio ouput.

Do you have any software from Wondershare installed, or do you use/subscribe to AllMusic?

C
Yes, I'm afraid so. I love Wondershare to download YouTube videos and record other videos. It's very useful.
Are there any alternatives?

Ask a Question