Spam

Reaction score
We seem to be getting more Spam, KeyLoggers and other rubbish posts, I hope its not because of the forum update?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
We're using the same sort of anti-spam software on the new forum software, however the rules were a little more relaxed as there were a couple of legit members that had problems signing up. We'll be upgrading to XenForo 1.2 in a very short time, so I'll re-configure the anti-spam settings to block things like this.

If you happen to notice any specific keywords that are almost always spam, let me know via a message (not in this public thread, as they may bypass it) and I'll add it to a blacklist :).

edit: I've added some keywords for the more popular spam software apps so that they'll end up in a queue for moderation. This should reduce some of the problem, but I'll work on this further.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
We're now on XenForo 1.2 and I've tightened up the anti-spam filters as far as I can without causing any problems - however it looks like a couple of spammy posts got though this morning. I've added a few more keywords to the moderation filter and I'll continue to build it up over time :).

Ask a Question