Spam e-mails.

Reaction score
Hello all.

Can some kind sole help me please. I'm getting a lot of spam 100 emails a day from one e-mail. I've tried using rules on my Macbook for all other spam and it works, but not for this one e-mail even though I do the same thing. Can anyone suggest whats going on. This one e-mail is sending all the mail.

Thanks.

Dicky.

Reaction score
Anyone please, I'm now getting 150 e-mails daily from this one source, cannot stop it please help?

Reaction score
Need some information:

1. What exact Mac OS are you using?

2. Have you ever done any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs, from a software perspective? You actually can do quite a lot of disk cleanup on your own, and there are some excellent programs available (both free and commercial) to help with those tasks.

3. This is critical: have you been making backups to an external device? If you have, what software have you been using for that task?

You might have some adware/malware on your machine. Maybe try the following products, in the order indicated:

1. Malwarebytes - Available from here: https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/

Good to use if you see adware and/or suspect you might have a virus. It also is good to run it every so often, even if nothing is wrong.

2. ClamXAv - Available from here: https://www.clamxav.com/

More extensive than Malwarebytes in terms of finding viruses. You can use it in demo mode, and it still has just about full functionality. After you install it, and then launch it, let it first update the virus definitions. Then let it scan your entire internal drive. That will take some time, but better to be safe than sorry.

If it were me, I'd run both of them, even if Malwarebytes finds something nefarious.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very kind of you to reply, but does not help my problem. Yes I do back ups and clean ups all the time, but it does not help spam e-mails?

Reaction score
Those tasks (cleanup and backups) are necessary at any time, and in your case, needed if you run Malwarebytes and ClamXAv. Did you run those?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

If Junk Mail Filtering and your Mail Rules are working for most emails, then there is probably something unique with those emails - i.e. they aren't all coming from the same IP address/mail server. Honestly, it is very difficult to manage SPAM.

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Which version of Mail?
-Which Mail Rules have you setup for this?
-Do they all have the same sender, subject line, etc.?

You might be able to create a broader, less specific Mail Rule to catch them. You could also try a third-party app like SpamSieve, which I have found to be quite useful.

C

Ask a Question