Sound Default

Reaction score
When I start up my MAC the volume control defaults to zero, regardless of where it was when I shut down. Can I configure it to be at the level it was when I shut down? Yosemite OS.

Reaction score
I did as the thread suggested. Hit the start button, then pressed and held OPT+COM+P+R, through the initial start up screen, then a black screen, then a second start up screen until I had the Apple symbol and progress bar. When it started I had a utility screen which offered to RESTORE TO ORIGINAL OS CONFIGURATION or RE-INSTALL OS FROM A DISC or UTILITY DISK. IT then asked me to restart. I did this three times with the same results. Each time I set the volume level and then shutdown and restarted, but the volume control still defaulted to zero. Any other ideas or did I do it wrong?

Reaction score
I went into preferences, to the sound section. My sound slider was set a MAX, but the mute box is checked. If I un-check it the sound level on the computer goes to MAX, but when I restart the computer the mute box is checked and no sound. Is there someway to save the changes to the sound preferences? I did not see any SAVE options. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ask a Question