some objects in my animation are missing

Reaction score
mac os x
version 10.4.10
2 GHz intel core 2 duo

some objects in my animation are missing. i really don't know if this is related to flash player versions or it there could be another reason.i wish there could be another solution to this without having to update my flash player. since i already tried many times to update my flash player 7 to 9 but no luck yet :confused:

i appreciate your kind tips. thanks in advance.

Reaction score
mac os x
version 10.4.10
2 GHz intel core 2 duo

some objects in my animation are missing. i really don't know if this is related to flash player versions or it there could be another reason.i wish there could be another solution to this without having to update my flash player. since i already tried many times to update my flash player 7 to 9 but no luck yet :confused:

i appreciate your kind tips. thanks in advance.
You might have an updated Flash Player plugin but an older version of the Flash Player application. These are two different things. My Flash Player app is version 7 whereas my Flash Player plugin is version 9.

Reaction score
this is what i saw in my safari installed plug-ins:
Shockwave Flash
Shockwave Flash 9.0 r47 — from file “Flash Player.plugin”.
MIME Type Description Extensions
application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash swf
application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player spl

my flash player application version is 7.

i've been to adobe website to download the flash plug-in, and i chose intel mac. after i tried to install it, it said, download was successful. but i still don't know why some objects in my animation are missing.

its good to know that flash player application and flash player plug-in are two different things. i thought they're the same :D

thanks for the info.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
It appears some have had problems with Flash 9, unable to properly install/download etc ... I found the Adobe Flash Player Plug-in Uninstaller, should you need it in the future as apparently it's the only way to properly remove it from your Mac.

I also found this:

Adobe Flash Player - to view/play Flash media - Version: 9.0.47.0

I also found this:

Q. After updating, I still get prompted to update, or the previous version is still installed

A. You may need to restart your browser or machine to complete the update. Close the browser completely, and then test Flash Player. If this does not work correctly, restart the machine and test again. If you still have problems, try the steps in trouble with Windows installation or trouble with Macintosh installation (see below).

Trouble with Macintosh installation

If you have trouble with installation of Flash Player, follow the troubleshooting steps below. If one step does not correct the problem, move on to the next step. For optimal troubleshooting, restart your machine and test Flash Player after each step.

Intel-based Mac users should read "Troubleshooting Flash Player for Intel-based Macs" (TechNote 2dda3d81) linky before proceeding.

Reinstall: Many issues are related to a problem with a previous installation of Flash Player or to browser configuration. Refer to the steps in Try this first: How to fix almost all Flash Player issues. Be sure to check System Requirements.
Software Update: Make certain you're using the latest version of your browser. If you've updated the browser, download and install the latest Flash Player from the Flash Player Download Center.
Permissions: Your permissions may not allow you to install plug-ins. If this is a possibility, refer to Permissions can affect installing Flash Player for more information.
Download the standalone installer for either Internet Explorer or Netscape compatible browsers for Mac OS X, or for the Mac Classic OS. This installer can help resolve most other download or installation issues. For best results, download the installer to your desktop, and then close the browser before running the installer.
Reinstall the browser: Download and install the latest version from your browser manufacturer's website. Download and install the latest Flash Player from the Flash Player Download Center.

I found the above info here.

Reaction score
thank you for all these helpful info, spawn. i would try these and hopefully i would have successful flash player installation.

thanks again. i appreciate it :D

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
It can be a steep enough learning curve when you hop onto a new OS let alone having to deal with Flash issues .... Keep us up to date with how things progress.

Reaction score
this is what i saw in my safari installed plug-ins:
Shockwave Flash
Shockwave Flash 9.0 r47 — from file “Flash Player.plugin”.
MIME Type Description Extensions
application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash swf
application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player spl

my flash player application version is 7.

i've been to adobe website to download the flash plug-in, and i chose intel mac. after i tried to install it, it said, download was successful. but i still don't know why some objects in my animation are missing.

its good to know that flash player application and flash player plug-in are two different things. i thought they're the same :D

thanks for the info.
Hopefully after you installed the new Flash Player plugin it said that the "installation" was successful as opposed to "download" was successful. Assuming that the Flash file isn't corrupt and you do indeed need a more recent version of Flash Player to view it, let's attempt something different. Instead of opening this file with the Flash Player application, let's open it up with the current Flash Player plugin. You can do this by opening Safari, clicking on the command (The key with the apple logo on it) and o (Not zero) keys at the same time, clicking on the name of the file that you want to open and clicking the enter key.:)

Reaction score
thank you spawn and walrus for all your help. i would surely let you know when i would be able to solve this problem. i'm still confused at the moment. i didn't know it would be this complicated for me.

but nevertheless, i have learned a lot from you already. as you know i'm a new mac user and i really appreciate all your efforts to help me :)

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
thank you spawn and walrus for all your help. i would surely let you know when i would be able to solve this problem. i'm still confused at the moment. i didn't know it would be this complicated for me.

but nevertheless, i have learned a lot from you already. as you know i'm a new mac user and i really appreciate all your efforts to help me :)

I have learnt from this too spaghetti as I normally don't have anything to do with Flash content ....

I recently found this link where you can test out your Flash Player using the Adobe test page:

Test Adobe Shockwave & Flash Players

In order for the Shockwave Player Content to work I had to quit my Safari Browser and then enable it to run under Rosetta mode (wiki definition) then relaunch it and then the test worked as Shockwave Player hasn't yet been released as a Universal app. Here's the blurb from the Adobe website:

Shockwave Player has not yet been ported to run natively on the new Intel-based Macintosh computers and currently only runs in Rosetta emulation mode. To install and use Shockwave Player on an Intel-based Macintosh, you will need to run the browser in Rosetta emulation mode. Follow the instructions below to launch your browser in Rosetta emulation mode.

Ask a Question