SOLVED Snapz Pro X v2.6.1 Serial Number Please

Reaction score
Hi! This application is now obsolete, however I just installed it and the trial period only lasts a few days. With no way to purchase a serial number, I am hoping that someone will share their working password for Snapz Pro X version 2.6.1 ?? The company could have at least posted it on the wiki page when they ditched their software company!!!

Thanks!
Tracy

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

The last version of Snapz Pro X 2.6.1 was only compatible through macOS 10.12 Sierra. Unfortunately, we do not condone sharing serial numbers, as that is against the software licensing agreement...even for companies no longer in existence.

Wikipedia states that Ambrosia Software closed their doors on July 19, 2019.

Depending on your version of OS X/macOS, you can get a lot of the same functionality for free with Shift-Command-5 or QuickTime Player > File New Screen Recording in macOS (How to record the screen on your Mac). There are also other paid applications like SnagIt ($49.99 USD), Camtasia ($249.99 USD), etc.

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
Cory, thank you for the feedback and suggestions! I apologize for asking and understand why it is against the rules. I have just learned that Snapz will continue to run on my older machine after the trial period, so long as I can handle the nag screen... I can handle that! I'll look into SnagIt, that's reasonable for what I need it for.

Thanks again,
Tracy

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries, and I appreciate your understanding.

Definitely try the free Apple ways, as they work well. Also, try the SnagIt trial before you buy.

Stay healthy and safe!

C

Ask a Question