Slow running I Mac

Reaction score
My I Mac runs very slow particularly when using Adobe Lightroom. There is about 40% storage space left so it is not that. It has been suggested to me that RAM is full. Please suggest any software I can buy or how I can see what is in RAM

Reaction score
Click Go>Utilities>Activity Monitor. click on Memory. You will be able to see the amount of memory being used and the processes that are using it.

Reaction score
Besides what Lufbrarunner mentioned above, I use the application Memory Clean 2 whenever I want to clean up memory:

Both of my Macs have 8 gig of Ram, and about 99% of the time, I run only one application. When I need to use Memory Clean the most is when, via my browser (Brave), I visit yahoo.com. It seems that no matter how many of the stories there I click to view on, my available memory drops to less than 4 gig. When I leave yahoo.com (typically to check gmail.com for mail), I'll click on the Memory Clean 2 icon to clean up my Ram. It typically takes 2 or 3 such runs to do it, and I get back to 5.5 gig of Ram.

Some people do not believe in using such a program, but it works for me. There are some applications (and web sites) that do not "give back" the memory they used when one quits the application (or leaves the web site). I've heard comments in the past that the Mac OS "manages" such memory usage, but I have yet to see it.

Some other considerations:

1. How much free space do you have on your internal device?
2. Do you have any applications launching at start up? (I have none).

Ask a Question