Sleepy dongles

Reaction score
I've been experimenting with High Sierra 10.13.3 by installing it on a bootable partition. One peculiarity: Wireless keyboard and mouse quit working after sleep. The little USB dongles must be unplugged and plugged back in to restore function. Any workaround? Anyone else notice this?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which model Mac?
-Is the bootable partition on your internal drive, or an external?
-USB dongles - what brand(s)/model(s) are the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse?

C

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which model Mac?
-Is the bootable partition on your internal drive, or an external?
-USB dongles - what brand(s)/model(s) are the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse?

C
It's a mid-2010 macmini, with a logitech wireless keyboard and an Amazon wireless mouse. This doesn't happen consistently, so perhaps it's not a serious problem. Chrome sometimes becomes unresponsive during sleep with High Sierra. This is a bootable partition on an external drive. I never upgrade my main boot drive until I've used a new OS for some time. Even then I maintain bootable partitions with previous OS iterations. I still have to use Snow Leopard for some things, and even keep a powerPC running Tiger to run the occasional legacy app.

Alas, the keyboard is OK, but it's not a Mac keyboard and it produces apostrophes that look OK in Mail, but recipients see � .

Ask a Question