SIM Transfer

Reaction score
I’m trying to move my SIM from an iPhone 7 to an iPhone 12, which I’ve just set up. The only two options I get are to either transfer a number from my older phone over bluetooth, or use a QR code. However, the iPhone 7 is not running version 16 as required, and I don’t have a QR code. Can anyone help guide me how to get the iPhone 12 to recognise the transferred SIM? Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi Andrea,

Have you tried to just remove the sim from your old phone and plug it into the iPhone 12?

When I upgraded to my 12, i just pulled the sim from my old phone and put in the 12. Then when I turned it on, the phone was recognized by my carrier and worked.

Reaction score
Have you tried to just remove the sim from your old phone and plug it into the iPhone 12?
Yes, because that’s what I’ve always been able to do with all previous phones, so I don’t know why this one is causing problems. I see you say you turned on your phone after you swapped the SIM, so I might try shutting down the phone before putting the SIM into it to see if that makes a difference.

Ask a Question