Silverlight Alternative

Reaction score
Is there an alternative to Microsoft Silverlight? I have a Macbook Pro 15" and whenever I try to watch something on Netflix it causes my computer to crash. The same thing happens occasionally when I'm using other applications, such as Garageband. If there is something else that would be more compatible with my computer, it would be nice to replace Silverlight with that.

Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Unfortunately no. The newest version of Netflix streaming requires Silverlight. There isn't any way around it. A lot of people are complaining to Netflix about it, so we'll see what the future holds.

Silverfast has nothing to do with GarageBand, so there must be another issue there.

C

Reaction score
Netflix will not run with my OS X 10.6.8 (2.33 Ghz Intel Core Duo and plenty of RAM)
Attempted to unistall and download new version (as suggested--let the nightmare begin)
Get messages there is newer version already on harddrive. Can't find it
Uninstalled all Silverlight in Internet Plug-ins and found none anywhere else.
Checked for WPFe.plugin, found none

....to no avail

Help?

Reaction score
Hello
I've just installed the Netflix app and now it's telling me to install MS Silverlight. It seems there is a Mac version.
Is it safe for me to install a Microsoft app? Don't want to mess up my system and I'd rather not have Netflix if it's going to cause me any problems, as other people seem to have had, although the post above is nearly three years old.
TIA

Ask a Question