Share asking for Credentials after update?

Reaction score
I just updated to Yosemite, when I am at my PC and attempt to access files from my mac, it is prompting for a username and password. I put in the only ones I use. The computer name and my password. It didn't do this prior to the update. What password would it be asing for? My apple ID? I do not use a password to get into the computer and the one i use when prompted for updates isn't working . What changed? And where do I find my computer info (name, etc)
It says in the sharing area (on the mac) that "windows can access this computer at "milew". Ok, there is that, then if I installing something, a box pops up with my full name, I enter a password and done and done. Why, all of the sudden am I being prompted to log in? I am using the only two usernames and ONE password that Ihave!! Nothing has changed in the sharing settings. I never had this prior to yosemite update. How exactly (screens shots if possible) is the sharing to be set up in order to share you mac? Again, nothing changed but for some reason it isn't taking my credentials and I am not on a domain. So what should the password be? he one I use when downloading? My apple id password? Is the username just the computer name? Is the log in like
computer name
password
or
username\computername
password?
No idea why it is doing this or not taking my credentials. I have posted this in like 5 places and no one responded. I surely cannot be the only one to experience this.

I once had to do this (enter password) upon the initial share, but it now, I have no idea what to enter and why it isn't accepting. What credentials? The computer name and my password?

Ask a Question