SOLVED Set preview window to occupy half of the screen?

Reaction score
Hi there, I want to display two preview windows side-by-side, displaying the same document in both windows, which I have achieved by launching the document once, then going Command P (print) > Open PDF In Preview.
Now I'd just like to get the two preview windows to occupy exactly one half of the screen each, which is near-impossible to achieve by dragging alone... does anyone know how to do this?

As always, thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Hi Corey, I should have updated my question as I did happen upon mac's "Split View".
I would also like to add that this can indeed be done with two iterations of Preview- another app is not necessary.
However, the second iteration of preview must be opened via "print preview", in order to actually get Preview to open a second time with the same document.

The only downside to this is that the bar containing the print options ("print" & "cancel") is left at the bottom of the Preview window accessed via Print Preview, which can be slightly irksome but for the most part is not much of an issue.

Cheers Corey.

Ask a Question