Sent box gmail... 'message contains no content

Reaction score
since the middle of April I have been getting these odd emails in my sent box. They come from a variety of sources. Some emails I have replied to in my inbox, some are just notifications, not all come from people in my contact list, etc..
I have no rules set up for forwarding emails.
One cannot connect with google Gmail for any help as there is no email chat options or phone unless you pay.

i use apple mail app, i logged into gmail.com and they are there also. have recently downloaded the Gmail app. not sure if that will make a difference.

i have trashed all these grrr emails. i thought it might be something in my settings that got changed with the newest update. I have no idea where to start checking

anyone else had this issue and found a good solution.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which version of macOS?
-Have you tried completely removing the Gmail account in  > System Preferences.. > Internet Accounts (not directly in the Apple Mail application settings) and then re-add it?
-Have you tried Google Chrome?

C

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which version of macOS?
-Have you tried completely removing the Gmail account in  > System Preferences.. > Internet Accounts (not directly in the Apple Mail application settings) and then re-add it?
-Have you tried Google Chrome?

C
thanks for your reply.
I run mojave on MacBook. tho oddly enough, I dont seem to have the gmail sent box issue occurring on my Mac.

more so on my iPhone and iPad. not sure how to do the same on those devices. dont want to lose emails.. tho I guess they would still be on gmail site. I had downloaded the GMAIL app and this issue does not seem to appear there.

I had delete all of those saying 'message has no content'
tho just late yesterday.... it seems to have stopped OR else the email senders have not sent me any emails. ill have to wait and see.
just this am... I got another one just after receiving message in my in box from you.... see pic which appeared in my sent box... it is exactly the same time!!!

no I did not remove gmail account. I had thought that may be an option.
on another site... someone replied saying it could be weak wifi connection... but that is not possible as I am in my own home and wifi is full.

I have been unhappy with gmail for quite some time.. more so because of google...
I'm trying to stay away from Google apps as much as possible...
if it could find a good email provider... I would change in a snap!!

there are so many out there and I just would like a provider which gives me enough security and privacy!!
proton.com; mail.com; yahoo.com; and on and on.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 7.38.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 7.38.50 AM.png
    248.8 KB · Views: 57

Ask a Question