Sending TXT messages from iMac

Reaction score
Is there any way to send text messages from iMac to non-Apple contacts? I should add that I use an iPhone and assume there must be some way to send text messages to contacts from my computer.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I use the messages app on my MacBook. Not sure if it will send to non Apple devices. I send to people in my contacts and I don’t know what type of phone everyone has but I have always gotten answers.

Reaction score
I use the messages app on my MacBook. Not sure if it will send to non Apple devices. I send to people in my contacts and I don’t know what type of phone everyone has but I have always gotten answers.
I've had several iMacs and I'm pretty sure that on one of the older ones I could text anyone, but not on this version 11.6. Message will contact anyone on my contacts if they are using an iPhone. But there is a difference between Message and Texting, and I really don't understand it. I'm trying to find out of I can send text messages to anyone with a mobile phone.

Ask a Question