Sending Old mini for Exchange

Reaction score
What do I need to do before sending my old Mac mini back for exchange credit?

Probably a lot, so if anyone knows of a really good site that could walk me through the process that would work too.

Thanks.

Reaction score
What do I need to do before sending my old Mac mini back for exchange credit?

Probably a lot, so if anyone knows of a really good site that could walk me through the process that would work too.

Thanks.
If your are purchasing a new system and sending the Mac mini for trade-in, you should get detailed instructions from Apple on what to do with the Mac. They will also send you a shipping box to return it—after which, if it passes inspection, you will get the credit for the Mac. Primary points you will need to do is first, turn on Find My Mac, then you need to erase the drive. I don’t recall if I had to reinstall macOS or not.

Reaction score
I screwed up in my previous reply. Find My Mac needs to be turned OFF, not ON. Sorry.

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. Appreciate it.

The new mini just arrived (still in the box). The first one sort of set itself up. Hope this one is as easy!

Ask a Question