SOLVED Sending Files to Android User via Messages

Reaction score
I'm still getting acquainted with everything I can do with my iPhone. I simply love my XR. (And yes, I keep iOS updated and am looking forward to iOS 13 later this week.)

I want to send an audio file (mp4) to a friend who has an Android phone, and in Messages, I can see various options for sending money and the like, but the only music that appears to be available for me to send in this fashion is music I've purchased and downloaded from the iTunes Store.

What I want to send is a music file I created myself. There are absolutely no copyright issues involved.

Does anyone know how I might accomplish this feat?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Is the file you want to share in the iTunes/Music app on the iPhone?
-If so, was it synced from your computer to the iPhone?
-Do you have an iCloud account?
-If you have a Mac, do you have Messages setup to see your text messages from your iPhone?

C

Reaction score
I extracted the sound from a video I was in. This mp3 file isn't in my iTunes library, just out on my desktop awaiting a "destination."

The video is in my iTunes video library, though.

I do regular backups of my iPhone to both my MBP and iCloud.

I have Messages on my iMac and MBP, but there are only certain people I seem to be able to send and receive from on either computer, and of course, no problems at all from my phone.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

You could upload it to your iCloud Drive on your Mac, then access it in the Files app on the iPhone, click Select, then Share button, and insert it into a message.

C

Ask a Question