Semicrashes

Reaction score
An update to a bit of software (Sticky Windows) doesn't work properly, and crashes the machine when I try to move a window to the right edge of the screen. I can still move the mouse pointer and move windows about, but everything else is bust. In particular, the top toolbar won't respond. It occurred to me that only the Finder has quit, but I can't relaunch it from "Force Quit" because I can't access it. Apparently Command-Option-Esc gives Force Quit, but when I deliberately provoked this crash, it wouldn't work. Is there any other way of Relauching the Finder from the keyboard? (Apple Help doesn't know what I'm talking about)

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there Bob,

it would appear that he has recently released an update to it, on June 20th ?

This apparently fixes the sporadic crashes...

Are you on the latest version ?

Regards

Ric

Reaction score
Yes, the update was to 2.2.3. I had trouble before because it seemed to be allergic to Freezeframe and Afloat, & it installed when I removed them. This time it half installs whatever I remove. I sent the crash logs to the developer, but haven't had a reply for several days. The odd thing is that it will put tabs on the bottom edge, but not the sides.
The application icon I can locate I've copied & put into both System & User Library/PrefPanes. Get Info says it's Version 1.0.
I've just got it to uninstall itself & manually trashed it from System/Library/PreferencePanes.
I've reinstalled.
It says it's in System Preferences, but it's in Library/PreferencePanes but not in Library/Preferences.
It's not in System/Library/PreferencePanes & there isn't a System/Library/Preferences - should there be? I haven't removed it.
It's not in Users/me/Library/PreferencePanes or Preferences.
I'm baffled (as usual).