Screensaver on desktop dark

Reaction score
My desktop screensaver picture has gone very dark and yet the brightness on settings is up full, how do I lighten it please?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry for the delayed response.
  • What version of macOS?
  • Is this a built-in desktop picture or one you added?
  • Have you tried another desktop picture?
C

Reaction score
Hi Cory thanks for your response. In the end I went to Mac helpline on a chat. It took a mass of chats for over an hour but in the end we got there. I still don't really think it answered why it had done that but yes we changed the background and although its not perfect I won't be touching it again. way too stressful. I appreciate you trying to help. I avoided the upgrade they wanted me to do as I am on Catalina 10.15.7 as that would not work at all when she tried to get it to change and she could not understand why either. In short not a very good outcome but at least I am still up and running.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

No worries...sorry it took us so long to respond to you. Glad you found an acceptable resolution for now.

We're here if you need anything else, or want to revisit the issue in more detail later.

Be well,

C

Ask a Question