Saving a web page in a chosen folder.

Reaction score
I am new to Firefox. I just learned to find the Bookmarks Toolbar. I imported bookmarks from Safari. There are many folders. I have been searching the menus hoping to learn how to save a web page link to a chosen folder in the Bookmarks Toolbar instead of it going to the end of the Bookmarks Toolbar. I have not found a way to do that.

Please help.

James Adrian

Reaction score
I asked this question at the end of another thread and there were no responses. I startted this thread to examing the question separately. There have been no responses. I have spent a lot of time trying to get the answer by experimenting.

I suppose the answer is regarded as totally obvious, but I am still stuck.

Maybe I could contact a moderator.

James Adrian

Reaction score
I don’t know what to do. It seems to me that I have tried everything. Nobdy will answer this question. It seems to me that alomst everybody knows how to do it. Maybe there is something wrong with my Mac or the versions of some software.

I can access the Boomarks Toolbar but every way I know to save a link paces it at the bottom of the whole fie and I have no opportunty to place it in a particular folder.

Surely a moderator can answer this question.

I cannot use Firefox without this information..

Please helpme.

James Adrian

Reaction score
I do not us Firefox myself, but I found this:

Putting bookmarks into folders​

1. Click the menu button
    Fx89menuButton
    to open the menu panel. Click Bookmarks and then click the Manage Bookmarks bar at the bottom.
  2. Click on the folder that holds the bookmark you want to move.
  3. Drag the bookmark over the folder you want it moved to. Release the button to move the bookmark into the folder.

Making new folders​

1. Click the menu button
    Fx89menuButton
    to open the menu panel. Click Bookmarks and then click the Manage Bookmarks bar at the bottom.
  2. Hold down the control key while you click on the folder which will contain the new folder, then select New Folder....
  3. In the New Folder window, type a name and (optionally) a description for the folder you want to create.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Also when you have a webpage you want to save to a specific location try this:
  1. Bookmarks in the menu at the top of the screen.
  2. Bookmarks
  3. Bookmark current tab
  4. In the pop-up box select "Location"
  5. Choose either an existing folder or create a new one.
Hope this assists.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 10.39.28 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 10.39.28 pm.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
I do not us Firefox myself, but I found this:

Putting bookmarks into folders​

1. Click the menu button
    Fx89menuButton
  2. Click on the folder that holds the bookmark you want to move.
  3. Drag the bookmark over the folder you want it moved to. Release the button to move the bookmark into the folder.

Making new folders​

1. Click the menu button
    Fx89menuButton
  2. Hold down the control key while you click on the folder which will contain the new folder, then select New Folder....
  3. In the New Folder window, type a name and (optionally) a description for the folder you want to create.
i don’t want to move a folder or make a folder.

Jim Adrian

Reaction score
Also when you have a webpage you want to save to a specific location try this:
  1. Bookmarks in the menu at the top of the screen.
  2. Bookmarks
  3. Bookmark current tab
  4. In the pop-up box select "Location"
  5. Choose either an existing folder or create a new one.
Hope this assists.
This is promising but whole sentences might be clearer. I still can’t make it work.

Jim Adrian

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi James,

When you are using Firefox go to Bookmarks in the Firefox menu in the upper left of your screen. You should see the Apple logo and to the right of this you should see Firefox, File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, Tools, Window & Help. Click on Bookmarks. Select Bookmark current tab. In the pop-up box select 'Location" you have several options. Choose either an existing Location ie: Bookmarks Toolbar, Bookmarks Menu or Other Bookmarks OR choose a different location. You also have more options available that can be found by clicking the downward facing pointer as per my attached pic.

Attachments

• Screen_Shot_2023-01-03_at_2_43_36_pm.jpg
    Screen_Shot_2023-01-03_at_2_43_36_pm.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
I know there the menus are at the top of the screen. I know how to access the bookmarks tool bar. When II am browsing and find a web page I want to save, I need to find some placee where i can save that webpage in the tool bar and in an existing folder. I don’t yet see hoow to do that.

Thank you for your help.

Jim Adrian

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi James,

Have you created the folder in the tool bar yet? I provided tips as to how to do this in my last post. If you have created a new folder then just choose it as the "Location" to save the webpage.

Reaction score
Spawn_Dooey,

Yes. I have imported a large number of folders from Safari to the bookmarks tool bar. Where do I chose the location when I am at a webpage I wish to save?

Thank you for your help.

James Adrian

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi James,

A few posts earlier I attached some photos and included information that should help you with saving your chosen web page to a location of your choosing.

Let me know if there is anything else we can help with.

Ask a Question