Safari won't allow me to open Comcast website.

Reaction score
I have a 2013 iMac 21.5 inch with free space of 913 gb of 1.12 TB. On 9/21/21 I updated OS Catalina to 10.15.7 and Safari to 15.0. When I open Safari all is well. When I open Xfinity.com I'm still good. But when I sign in it won't open my account. Instead an error message appears that is 15 lines of letters and numbers that is illegible to me.
For 8 years I've signed into Xfinity on Safari on this iMac with no problem. Not today.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

It may just be a browsing data - cache/cookies issue:
Safari > Preferences... > Privacy > Manage Website Data.. > search for Comcast then Xfinity > click to select > click Remove

See if that resolves it.

C

Reaction score
Hello,

It may just be a browsing data - cache/cookies issue:
Safari > Preferences... > Privacy > Manage Website Data.. > search for Comcast then Xfinity > click to select > click Remove

See if that resolves it.

C
Thank you for your help. I tried your solution but it didn't work. I appreciate your help anyway. Thank you.

Reaction score
Apple has been very stringent with security and privacy issues especially of late. More and more, I have been unable to access a number of sites using Safari and Safari Technology Preview. Try using a different web browser. If you don’t have another web browser on your system, you can download and try Firefox, Chrome, Chromium, MS Edge, Opera… the list goes on and on. I stick to Safari/Safari Technology Preview for my default browser and only resort to the others in such cases as this.

The easiest way to open problem pages with alternate browsers is to turn on “Develop” in the menu bar. Open Safari preferences and select the Advanced tab. Click the checkbox “Show Develop menu in menu bar.” The Develop menu pulldown, “Open Page With” will show the choices available to you. My first choice is usually Microsoft Edge.

Ask a Question