Safari Windows Location

Reaction score
I'm running a 27" iMac that I recently upgraded the OS to Big Sur. Initially Safari wouldn't run (was on, but no windows would open), but when I ran a Safari upgrade to 16.3 it did come up with all of the "history" and my bookmarks, but none of the windows (roughly 15-20 with multiple tabs). Obviously the bookmarks were stored somewhere (a folder?), so I suspect the windows/tabs are also. As I'm also running a "Time Machine" external HD, that stored info would be there from before I did the OS upgrade. Where is that data located, and how do I force Safari to again display it?

Reaction score
I'm running a 27" iMac that I recently upgraded the OS to Big Sur. Initially Safari wouldn't run (was on, but no windows would open), but when I ran a Safari upgrade to 16.3 it did come up with all of the "history" and my bookmarks, but none of the windows (roughly 15-20 with multiple tabs). Obviously the bookmarks were stored somewhere (a folder?), so I suspect the windows/tabs are also. As I'm also running a "Time Machine" external HD, that stored info would be there from before I did the OS upgrade. Where is that data located, and how do I force Safari to again display it?
Is anyone out there? Or does no one know an answer to this?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry, looks like this fell through the cracks.

Your bookmarks are still there after the update, but the tabs that were open before the update did not re-opn...is that correct? Open tabs aren't stored the same way Bookmarks are, so maybe because it is a much newer version of Safari that they weren't restored.

Let us know and we can troubleshoot from there.

C

Ask a Question