Safari Title/Top Bar Font Size

Reaction score
When I first purchased my mac mini several years ago I played with all the font settings since I was using it with my 46" LED tv. Anyways at one point I changed the font on the vary vary top bar that displays the title of the page I am viewing. I have lived with the font being to large for the last few years but tired of seeing the cut off letters. I have added a photo to display the issue. I have exhausted my web search and every preference setting.

I know it is possible since I enlarged the font in the first place.

Screen shot 2014-06-08 at 2.06.46 PM.png

Thanks for any help.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

What version of Mac OS X and Safari?

Did you ever have TinkerTool installed? That can change the Safari title bar font size. It can also restore back to the default font sizes.

C

Last edited:
Reaction score
OS X 10.6.8 and Safari 5.1.10

I have never tried TinkerTool, I will look into it. I managed to change the settings with the original programing options. It should be possible to change them back.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
You could try to simply delete the preferences file:

1. Quit Safari
2. Navigate to and delete the plist file: Macintosh HD > Users > yourusername > Library > Preferences > com.apple.Safari.plist
3. Restart Safari and check to see if it is back to normal.

C

Ask a Question