Safari seem to either lock up or sieze when browsing News Web Sites.

Reaction score
Hi,
first thing i do in th emorning after reading my emails is then browse the Local (Australian) news web sites then the English News And then the American news. (just to see if there is any news wars I am missing info on.)

but i used to beable to scroll the yards of info on each site, but since the middle of the year, the safari window showing the news with suddenly stop scrolling, and sieze up, and often have blank places where pisture would be, and all the links in that page are frozen also.

Yet my side bars of book marks are all active and clickable.

I normal just refresh the page, and that allows me to scroll up to andpast the pint i lockedup but some times I can to do that a few times.

I only have an original 8Gb iMac M1. running Ventura 13.3.1

what am i doing wrong. (probab;y just about everything.)

I wont up grade to latest systems, as so fat I now have a photoshop 2024 that is stable and works great. (may crash once a month)...

below is the news web site i use.

Regards, Sandy

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response.
  • Have you tried another web browser?
  • Do you have any third-party utilities, ad blockers, etc. that may be causing the issue?
  • Have you thought about updating to the latest macOS 13.6.1 Ventura or Safari 17.1, not upgrading to macOS 14 Sonoma?
C

Ask a Question