Safari Missing

Reaction score
My grandparents have an old mac - running 10.4.11 - that has a strange problem: I cannot find Safari anywhere. It was their only browser and the only trace of it is a folder with a couple of documents that I can't read because their free trial of Office 2004 expired.

I downloaded a Tiger-compatible version of Safari at home and brought it over on a thumb drive, but it won't install on their computer because it claims to already have a newer version of Safari installed. I'm getting frustrated.

I do have the install discs (for 9.something) but I'd rather not go that far. What can I do?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Have you performed a Spotlight search for Safari? I can only presume you have already searched through the Application folder?

Reaction score
Have you performed a Spotlight search for Safari? I can only presume you have already searched through the Application folder?
This.

It could have been accidentally moved. (I've had that exact think happen with a family member's Mac)

Ask a Question