Safari 6.01 and Delete key

Reaction score
Have they slipped an annoying change into the latest version of Safari? I downloaded, and now the Delete key no longer works to get to the preceding window, as it has done for all the years of Safari up to now. I realize you can stroke two fingers or hit cmd-[, but why take away the traditional way?

It's annoying when they sneak changes you are not told about into new versions of applications.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I hear you ... I downgraded back to Safari 5 because I just couldn't live with the new changes.

Reaction score
You can always change the Key Shortcuts in System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Have you seen or tried this?

I wasn't aware of this function as I've always used Command [ or ] to navigate backwards and forwards. Command Right Left Arrows perform the same function too.

I stuck with ver 6 for a week to give it a fair go but then I just couldn't stand it anymore and whenever I go for Software Update on my Lion Mac I deselect Safari 6 from the list just like I deselect iTunes ver 10 when I go for Software Updates on my Snow Leopard Mac!

Ask a Question