Safari 6.0

Reaction score
After updating Safari, I can no longer view, let alone copy, a website address from a google search.

For example, I want to send a friend of mine a link to pictures of the grand canyon. I typed grand canyon in the new address and search bar, a ton of pictures appeared, but there was no way to send a link to that page.

Does anyone know where can I find the website address for google searches, or is this an oversight of the new update?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I believe that with Safari 6, the Google search function is built-in to the address bar. You can also select Yahoo! and Bing.

You can get the actual URL string if you click the Share button, save it as a bookmark, then copy the bookmark and paste it into an email. If you simply share the results to an email, it pastes the web page itself into the body of the message.

You can still click and drag the actual URL link to an email:

-Type grand canyon in the search bar and press Return
-When the results are shown, click and hold on the magnifying glass in the Address and Search Bar
-Hold mouse button down as you drag the URL to a new message in mail and drop

C

Ask a Question