SOLVED Ring Tone

Reaction score
I recently bought a refurbished iPhone 12 mini from Apple. I like it except I cannot resolve an issue with the volume on ring tones. I changed the ringtone to one I thought had a nice loud ring but it only rings loud for the first ring, then the volume drops down pretty low. It also only gives four rings before it ends the call so not enough time to answer it, even if I did hear it. I tried different ring tones but they're all too quiet so it sounds like a problem with some sort of volume control but I can't figure it out.

I've trawled through all the settings and can't find a way to keep the ring tone volume steady at its loudest, or for it to ring for longer. Here are what my current settings are:

Sounds & Haptics:
Ringtone and alert volume
- up full,
Change with buttons - I've tried both On and Off, with the volume being up full and silent mode switched off.

Ring/Silent mode switch:
Play Haptics in Ring Mode
- Off
Play Haptics in Silent Mode - Off

System Haptics - Off

Reaction score
I found a solution online. Apparently it was a setting in Face ID which lowered the volume while trying to capture your face. I've switched that off and the volume and call duration is working fine!

Ask a Question