Right arrow key not working

Reaction score
I changed a setting in Mojave quite some time ago, as a result of this it meant that the right arrow key wouldn't work, but I didn't mind, I didn't think I had much use for it anyway. Now I do mind and can't for the life of me remember what settings I was messing with!

Anyone have any ideas what it might have been, I can't face a clean install just to fix this!

Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

You shouldn't have to perform a clean install...it is just a setting/preference somewhere that got changed. Normally, the first thing to do would be to go into  > System Preferences... > Keyboard > Shortcuts and click on each subset (Launchpad & Dock, Mission Control, Keyboard, etc.) and click the Restore Default button.

That should return the functionality of the right arrow key.

Let us know if that corrects the issue.

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...do you have any third-party apps that load at startup or are on the right side of the menu bar?

C

Reaction score
I had two programs loading at startup, I stopped them from loading up and I could have sworn the right arrow key then worked, now it doesn't and uninstalled the two programs that where loading at startup and it still doesn't work

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hmmm...

You try logging in as a Guest (if that account is enabled) and see if the key acts the same.

C

Reaction score
I enabled guest user and logged in as guest, right arrow key works fine! Still doesn't work when I'm logged in as normal, thanks

Ask a Question