Returning to the fold

Reaction score
Hi,
Having been computing on the dark side for a few years I am now about to buy a mac again but am confused by the variety of specs available, (it's all changed since I was last here!)
I'm going to buy a refurb or used model.
I have about £650 to spend.
To be used mostly for Uni study stuff, so don't need to edit video or crunch any heavy stuff.
What should I be looking for? What should I avoid?
Any help will be much appreciated, I'm not very techy (as you've probably guessed) so pls bear in mind!
Many thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

For most normal office-type functions and Internet browsing, any Mac will suffice. MacBook Airs are great because they are so light.

Are you looking for a portable or a desktop?
Does screen size or storage capacity matter?

We'll see if we can help narrow it down for you.

C

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your quick reply.

I do like the style of a MacBook Air but wasn't sure what types/versions are the most reliable or the best value for money.
I'm looking for a portable laptop and screen size doesn't matter too much to me. I'd be happy with anything that is a 13' or above.
I'd be satisfied with anything that has a decent storage capacity; something that can properly run a select few applications for both Uni and entertainment. Mostly I'm looking for something that runs quickly and smoothly.

I hope this helps narrow down the field. Let me know if there is anything I should consider.

Thank you

Ask a Question