Restore previous display screen

Reaction score
Instructions for restoring previous display screen do not work on my Mac Book Pro running Catalina.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Can you give us a little more information, as I don't fully understand the issue.

Thanks!

C

Reaction score
Sure: I accidentally did something that caused my display screen to change from white to nearly black. The online directions for changing it back seemed pretty simple, but nothing worked. So, can you tell me the correct way to regain the original screen. I'm using a MacBook Pro, running Catalina. Thank you!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thank.

Maybe check the settings in  > System Preferences... > Accessibility > Display and see if Invert colors, Increase contrast, or Display contrast are not at their defaults?

C

Reaction score
Thank you for the help, Cory, but that didn't do it. I tried all of those, but the screen display did not revert to its previous style.

Reaction score
Hi,

Possibly try resetting your SMC and PRAM. If you have not done this before here are the steps.

SMC reset
A) Shut down your Mac.
B) Connect your device to a power outlet.
C) Press and hold the SHIFT + CTRL + OPT combo and the Power button for five seconds.
D) Release all of them together.
E) Switch on your Mac as you normally would.

PRAM reset
A) Turn off your Mac.
B) After 5 seconds, turn it back on.
C) As soon as you hear the startup chime, press and hold down the CMD + OPT + P + R combination.
D) If you hear the boot sound, it only means that you have successfully reset the PRAM.

Ask a Question