ReportCrash Loop

Reaction score
Hey there,

i have macbook pro 15" mid 2012 just got it brand new 3 months ago, i downloaded adobe applications such as ps cc etc and now i am having permantly in the activity monitor, ReportCrash, i looked into the file and i can't seem to know what is going on to make it stop/fix it, can you guys help??
Thank you
Luis

Process: Hidden [547]
Path: /usr/local/hidden/Hidden.app/Contents/MacOS/Hidden
Identifier: Hidden
Version: ???
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [1]
Responsible: Hidden [547]
User ID: 0

Date/Time: 2013-11-04 00:07:45.747 +0100
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.9 (13A603)
Report Version: 11
Anonymous UUID: *******************

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

i can't paste the rest here since file is to large, maybe i can attach the file or send it by email?

Thanks again,
Luis

Reaction score
There is something strange here as I know of no process named "Hidden" from Adobe or Apple.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Did you purchase and download directly from Adobe?

If not, there have been previous reports of embedded viruses/malware in Adobe software downloaded via torrents and third-party sites. I have never seen that particular path, nor so many instances of Hidden in a log file.

I agree with Kaveman...something is strange here.

C

Reaction score
Yeah...i know that something is not right, not sure if really has anything to do with adobe software of not, i downloaded the software from creative cloude, trial version.

Thanks

Reaction score
I don't normally recommend this but...

From the Finder > Go > Go to Folder...
/usr/local/hidden/

Look at what's in that Folder for clues, Delete the Hidden App, you may need to enter an Admin Password.

Reaction score
Kaveman, i will certainly try that later on once i get home....will let you know. Do i delete the Hidden App or the folder Hidden you mention above?

Thanks again

Reaction score
I don't normally recommend this but...

From the Finder > Go > Go to Folder...
/usr/local/hidden/

Look at what's in that Folder for clues, Delete the Hidden App, you may need to enter an Admin Password.

By deleting the Hidden App would that fix the issue you think ? Why wouldn't you normally recommend this ?

Thanks again,

Luis

Reaction score
By deleting the Hidden App would that fix the issue you think ?
It can't crash if it's not running, but what is launching it and why? this will cascade and you will need to monitor the logs in Console to see what complains.

Why wouldn't you normally recommend this ?
because removing the App will make other problems that you will need to locate and fix.

Reaction score
I was thinking...maybe has nothing to do but....i see that after i installed OSX Mavericks, when i go to finder - search, if i search for Library it doesn't find it, it's hidden, could it have anything to do with it?

Reaction score
whatever installed it hid it in an invisible part of OSX, thats why you have to use the method I gave you to find it.

Reaction score
this is part of what i am getting :

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
Symbol not found: _wlScanBSSID
Referenced from: /usr/local/hidden/Hidden.app/Contents/MacOS/libwpsapi.dylib
Expected in: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Apple80211.framework/Versions/A/Apple80211
in /usr/local/hidden/Hidden.app/Contents/MacOS/libwpsapi.dylib

Binary Images:
0x1003d7000 - 0x100408fe7 +liblog4cpp.dylib (5.6) <8A353E15-9C33-48DD-0E71-494D35D440D8> /usr/local/hidden/Hidden.app/Contents/MacOS/liblog4cpp.dylib
0x7fff63643000 - 0x7fff63676817 dyld (239.3) <D1DFCF3F-0B0C-332A-BCC0-87A851B570FF> /usr/lib/dyld
0x7fff82e05000 - 0x7fff82e11ff7 com.apple.OpenDirectory (10.9 - 173.1.1) <6B78BD7B-5622-38E6-8FC6-86A117E3ACCA> /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenDirectory.framework/Versions/A/OpenDirectory

Reaction score
from what i can see seems to be the adobe software frameworks, going to unistall and reinstall, hopefully that's what make the reportCrash loop

Reaction score
I don't know what makes you say that? I'd say it's something trying to access your WiFi network api.

I've checked online, in the dev doc, and Mavericks, nowhere can I find anything about this hidden directory nor Hidden.app.

I'd say you have installed something nasty...

Reaction score
adobe software
you could ask them if they know what it is.

fresh os x install
if it is a Trojan it's the only way to get rid of it.

A reminder to us all that we should not be using an Admin Account for day to day use, Always use a Standard account and have a clean unused admin account for trouble shooting.

Reaction score
I asked them for help and nothing since I am using the free trial still. ..:(

I installed a fresh copy of os x and looked at the activity monitor for a couple of minutes and the reportcrash didnt show...maybe to early to say since I have ti reinstall all my software again.

BTW - thanks for the tip, I will create an admin user account and start to logging as normal user. The only thing is, when installing apps etc or updates...i would havw to login as admin right?

Reaction score
No, you don't have to log into the admin account, installing will ask you to enter an Admin Account name and password, you enter those to give installers permission.

Reaction score
No, you don't have to log into the admin account, installing will ask you to enter an Admin Account name and password, you enter those to give installers permission.
Nice..I just leave the admin account as it is without changes after the fresh install. ..

Ask a Question