Replace Power Switch on a 15" MacBook Pro mid 2014 with 2.5 GHz with Intel chip

Reaction score
It can now take a minute or longer to turn on the computer with the power switch. Can the switch be replaced without replacing the motherboard? As a temporary work-around, I've been letting the computer SLEEP instead of turning it off like I normally do.

Do you have a recommended service center or individual within driving distance of Thousand Oaks, CA that can help me?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

The power switch is actually part of the entire upper/top case assembly with the keyboard. That would be the part that needs replaced.

Unfortunately, the MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) is now Vintage, so Apple and most Apple Authorized Service Providers won't service it. You may be able to find parts or a repair shop that can source parts and repair it, but I am not familiar with any in the Thousand Oaks area.

Hope that helps and good luck!

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

The power switch is actually part of the entire upper/top case assembly with the keyboard. That would be the part that needs replaced.

Unfortunately, the MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) is now Vintage, so Apple and most Apple Authorized Service Providers won't service it. You may be able to find parts or a repair shop that can source parts and repair it, but I am not familiar with any in the Thousand Oaks area.

Hope that helps and good luck!

C

Ask a Question