Replace Download Folder on Dock

Reaction score
I inadvertently deleted the download folder on my dock. How do I replace it?

I have copied the folder in the finder but it doesn't appear as a folder on the dock, just as a sheaf of papers and there is no way to set up the listings as a list starting with the most recent. What does one do?

Reaction score
That is what I did, but it immediately changes from a folder to a sheaf of papers with icons arranged in alphabetical order. It is impossible to change either the order or back to a folder.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
The link I provided shows how to change it in the Customizing Stacks section.

1. Right-click (Option-click) and hold on the icon in the Dock.
2. Change Display as to Folder
3. Change View content as to whichever view you would like

C

Reaction score
Thank you. Control-click did the trick.

Now, I replied to your email right away but that did not show up as a reply to your post! Shouldn't it? Your reply to my post also came to me as an email. What don't I understand about this rather clunky site?

Reaction score
Actually, Em-Ess, there is nothing "clunky" about it. When someone makes a post in a thread that you are following, you will get a "generic" EMail that shows what was posted. The only way to respond is to make another post on that same thread. Everyone's EMail address here is "hidden"from other members, except for the mechanism to send such posts that you saw.

I have no idea where your EMail reply went to, but as you surmised, it certainly did not turn up on the thread. More importantly, you were able to get the assistance you needed to resolve your issue. And, Cory is one of the best (if not the best) resources on this board. He is very, very knowledgeable in quite a few areas, always makes useful/helpful suggestions, and is always willing to "pitch in". I thought I knew quite a lot about some stuff, but I have seen some posts from Cory that helped me!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Now, I replied to your email right away but that did not show up as a reply to your post! Shouldn't it? Your reply to my post also came to me as an email. What don't I understand about this rather clunky site?

You don't reply to your thread via email, it's just a notification of action within your thread.

You are 'watching' this thread so you'll receive email notifications of any updates.

If you look you'll see a "View This Thread" link at the bottom which takes you straight here to respond & view any other updates.

To stop receiving updates on any thread just click 'Unwatch Thread" at the top next to "Thread Tools" just above your first post.

Ask a Question