Remote Software Comparison

Reaction score
Hey there,

I'm new to the forum and I was wondering if you guys could help me out.

I'm looking for software that is similar to Sassafras Remote Links to use on a number of Mac computers. Never heard of it? Neither had I until a few days ago. This software utilizes VNC Viewer or RDP to create a connection a Mac or PC. Sassafras Remote Links gives you a list of available devices to connect to. Like in a school classroom. A student would login at home and then see if a device is available in the classroom, and then connect to it. I'm looking for similar software so I can do a comparison. Anyone know of any?

Thanks!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I hadn't heard of Sassafras either until your post. It sounds like you are looking for remote control or classroom device management software?

-Can you give us a little more information on what functionality you are trying to setup?
-Is this for education or business IT use?

C

Reaction score
Hey there!

Thanks for your reply. So I did a little more research on Sassafras. They have a few software packages but the one I'm interested in is called KeyReporter. In KeyReporter by Sassafras you can create remote links and it utilizes RDP (Windows) and VNC (Mac and Unix) to create remote connections.

They have a YouTube video here if you want to check it out.

This would be used for education use.

Thanks!

Ask a Question