Random typing

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new to the forum. I have a 27in late 2013 iMac. The problem I'm having started first when I was running Yosemite. It happened especially in Mail, but elsewhere as well. I would begin typing (usually just as I began) and suddenly the characters wouldn't appear at all or accented characters would appear. Often long spaces and periods would appear.
I thought maybe if I upgraded my system, that would solve the problem, so I upgraded to Mojave, but the problem has not gone away. I've tried to run diagnostics only to be told that computer seem fine. I've also run different malware programs which have found nothing.
The only thing that seems to work is if I restart, but within a day the problem is back.
Can anyone suggest what is going on>
Thanks,
Vin

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I would suggest trying a different keyboard, to eliminate that as a possible cause. Do you have another USB or Bluetooth keybaord you could try?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I would suggest trying a different keyboard, to eliminate that as a possible cause. Do you have another USB or Bluetooth keybaord you could try?

C
Hi Cory. I tried your solution and gave it a few days as a trial. It has worked beautifully. I guess something has gone wrong with my wireless keyboard. Many thanks for your help. Best, Vin

Ask a Question